History     


Harry SandsThe Sands family came from the Isleof Wight to Maryland in 1771. As active members of the Church of England, the Sands familybecame involved in the Episcopal Church.

Devoted to continuing the family’s commitment to the church, Harry S. Sands and his wife, Helen Turner Sands, wanted their beautiful and beloved home–Sandscrest– to be used by the Church to benefit all.

The Sandscrest Foundation, Inc., dedicated to preserving and maintaining this singular wish of Harry and Helen Sands, operates Sandscrest as a not-for-profit conference and spiritual retreat center.